Cornwall Gnome & Company is committed to protecting your privacy. In order to provide our services to customers and to provide a more personalised shopping experience, we need to collect certain information from you. This Privacy Notice explains when and why we collect personal information about you as well as the types of personal data we may collect when you interact with us online or over the phone. It also explains how we'll look after your data and keep it safe. There's a lot to digest but we want you to be fully informed as to how we uses your data.
Explaining the legal bases we rely on
The GDPR law on data protection sets out several different reasons a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent - e.g. when you tick a box online or sign up at exhibitions to receive email or postal communication from Cornwall Gnome & Company. When collecting your personal data, we'll always make clear to you what data is necessary in connection with a service.
In some instances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, if you place an order with us, we need your address details to deliver your order and we also need to pass your details to a courier.
We may be legally bound to collect and process your data. For example, if someone is involved in any criminal activity or fraud affecting Cornwall Gnome & Company, we need to pass details to law enforcement.
How we collect your personal data
There are several ways in which we may collect information about you
- When you purchase products online via our website
- When you send us an email or fill in a website contact form.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you have given a third-party permission to share information they hold about you with us.
The type of personal data we collect
The personal data we may collect includes your name, billing/delivery address, email address, telephone number, notes from conversations we have with you. Please note we do not hold your card details, it is collected by PayPal, our third-party payment processors who use secure online capture and processing methods.
How and why we use your personal data
When you engage with us, we want to give you the best possible experience.
Here are some ways that we'll use your personal data and why:
- To process any orders, you make on our website. If we don't collect your personal data during checkout, we won't be able to process and deliver your order and comply with our legal obligations e.g. your details are passed to a courier company so that your order can be delivered. We will keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfill any contractual obligation such as a refund or exchange.
- When you place an order with us, your card details are collected by our third-party payment processors PayPal who use secure online capture and processing methods. This helps to protect you from fraud..
- To comply with our legal obligations, we will send you communications required by law or which are legally necessary e.g. significant updates to this Privacy Notice, product recall notices and legally required information relating to your orders. These messages are to inform you about changes to the service we provide you and will not include any promotional content and so do not require prior consent when sent by email.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
Protection of your personal data
The security of your personal data is very important to us and we take a lot of care to handle and store it as best we can.
Here are some ways we secure your data:
- The security of your personal data is very important to us and we take a lot of care to handle and store it as best we can and in line with new legislation as we know it is important to you as well as us..
- We do not store your card details ourselves, but instead utilise PayPal who are PCI compliant payment processing providers for all orders placed online.
Who we need to share your personal data with and why
At times we need to share your personal data with trusted third parties e.g. delivery couriers, credit card processing services and so on. We only provide what they need, and they cannot use your data for anything other than the purposes that they have your data for.
- PayPal - our payment provider - https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- Parcel Force Worldwide - our courier service for next day delivery https://www.parcelforce.com/privacy
- Royal Mail - our resource for sending small UK and overseas parcels - https://www.royalmail.com/privacy-notice
Sharing your data with third parties for their own purposes:
We will never sell or trade your contact details with any third parties.
There are some instances where we may have to share your information based on our legal obligations, for instance:
- Fraudulent activity in our shops or online systems
- If the police/government ask us to disclose information we may be required to share your personal data with them, however we would assess this sort of request very carefully
- For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our premises or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies
To order products from cornwallgnome.co.uk you need to have cookies enabled. If you don't wish to enable cookies, you'll still be able to browse the site and use it for research purposes.
Please note that cookies can't harm your computer. We don't store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of our website.